A Glimpse of 2016

Senin, Februari 20, 2017



I recently turned 21. Even though I’m not ready yet with the idea of turning myself to be a (slightly) better 21-years-old me, it seems like I can’t retreat from my own battlefield either ask the time to go slowly, right?

Because time flies so fast.

At least I know that the only thing I can do is keep moving forward and embrace the fact that:
“I’M 21 AND (SLIGHTLY) STRONGER.

As a recently-turned-21 person, I’ve noticed that there’s only a few things were different (and, on progress to be different) at me, so far. I’m not yet a full-package person in finest quality. I know. Today, I just feel like being… me; the old one I used to be, the person I used to know.

However, since today is the very beginning of 2017 (actually, I’m a bit late), I thought it is the perfect time to tell you about my 2016. Of course, the first-place reason is because I wrote nothing last year and I would love to share the recap about the things I’ve crossed off last year based on my 100-list: a random list of 100 things I’d like to experience in life.

THE 4/6 THINGS I CROSSED OFF OF MY LIST IN 2016:

ONE: GETTING ON A SWING NEARBY THE BEACH.

To make it way cooler, I can say that: the swing IS NOT ONLY nearby the beach, it hangs on the big tree grows on high cliff while the beach is around 50 meter below your feet! Seriously, it is really cool… and also pretty-dangerous, though.

When I sat on the swing, I could see the borderless sea underneath—the inviting waves asked me to come. Yet, I was pretty scared at that time because… what if I stepped on the bad scenario, such as instead of enjoying the breeze on the swing, calmly, yet I ended up throwing myself into the sea from the height?

However, at least I could own a pretty-cool photograph with a cool pose on it—because... I was scared yet I smiled. Thank you, Wawan! (He is the photographer).



A post shared by Masman Saja (@masmansaja) on


And, that’s the brief scenery I could see from the swing, captured by Luqmandut. 

TWO: LEARNING BASIC KOREA
Actually, it is not too urge rather than learning on how to increase my TOEFL or IELTS score—since both are basic requirement I have to fulfil to get any scholarship, mostly abroad. Yet, one day, I just feel like: why not learn new things everyday on learning basic Korea, as well I love challenging myself, too.

Otherwise, you might want to know, I do love watching ‘The Return of Superman’ (if you do not know yet, I suggest you, please do not watch it because it kinds of addicting). Every time I watch it, I feel pretty upset since I can’t understand what these kids are talking about—without reading the subtitle. I just heard, gobble-gobble, aigo, jinca, eottokke, blah blah blah… that’s not even close, and I need to stare at the subtitle in case I miss the topic.

I mean, reading the subtitle may help me understand their conversation, besides it can improve my understanding in English—the subtitle is in English. But, the probability of losing their cute face is bigger because I give more attention reading the subtitle. And you know, keep rewinding the video is not a good idea, either.

So, here I am, learning basic Korea, all by myself, even the only thing I know so far is: their common exclamation.

THREE: SENDING LETTER TO MY BEST FRIENDS, SECRETLY.
For those people who know me well, they would know that actually I’m kind of pretty-romantic person. Not because my mind is transparent so that you can read it in ease, but because that’s the way I am.

At that time, I was thinking that it would be fun to give them something as the way to show off of how grateful I am to have them by my side. Anonymously. By chance, there’s a secret-agent promotion popped out on my class, where they were able to send roses, equipped with letters, to whom it meant to be. I bought two packets, for Nai and Syiff, both were red rose with special letter overwhelmed with love. I sent it to them anonymously and ready to pretend know nothing about it as if they asked me.

At first, I was pretty satisfied (and also happy) because the secret-agent said, both of them were so happy when received the packet. Yet, in the end, it was kind of failed because I didn’t know how they found out that I was the sender. That’s why I am brave enough to write their name in this post. How failed it was, I hope both of you still love me, Nai and Syiff. \m/

FOUR: EXPERIENCING SNORKELING.
It is well-said that I’m a good-enough swimmer, especially swimming-pool swimmer. So, the idea of experienced snorkelling was pretty underrated at first. Well, snorkelling is only floating in the water, and with a life vest on, snorkelling should be really safe, right? Yet, I couldn’t cross it off until then, I got a chance to experience snorkelling when I was on my KKN-period in Gampong Jaboi, Sabang.

As a nice place surrounded by the sea, it is really easy to bring yourself into the nearest beach on foot. At that time, I was unintentionally invited by Mas Priyo to jump into a boat owned by local people and followed them to fishing in the sea. Until then, Mas Priyo handed me the snorkelling gear and smiled, “Let’s do this!”

So, I was there, floated.

A post shared by Dalias (@uda_dalias) on


So, how about you, guys? How many things you can cross off of your list last year? I hope you have superb experience too like I did.


Love, Ash!

You Might Also Like

10 COMMENTS

  1. Yes i'm famous. My photo everywhere wkwk

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Not that famous sih kalo di sini, Man *merendah*

      Hapus
  2. Wow what a great experience you have done in 2016. Well, my 2016 was not really cool like yours, but I guess it was fine. Maybe I should try something new this year? By the way I really want to go to snorkeling too!!

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Well, why do not make your 2017 be fabulous as you wish? Yea, I think everybody have to try snorkeling at least once of their live!

      Hapus
  3. Selamat menempuh 21 tahun saat saat pendewasaan diri baru dimulai
    Ah kita sebelas duabelas kok asma umurnya hahahha #digetok

    Hmmm itu ayunan beberapa inci aja dari laut, berasa kayak di video2 slowmotion gitu yak, indah banget warna pantainya
    Dulu aku juga suka tuh berkirim hadiah surat dengan sahabat karib rasanya nyenengin aja gitu, ga terpaku harus ada perayaan apa sih, tapi klo uda ngasi kejutan ke sahabat terus dianya seneng, rasanya bahagianya yu di sini (tunjuk dada)

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Hehehehe aku suka bikin Mbak Nita bahagia, jadi aku iyain aja deh. Wee!

      Lah, video2 slowmotion yang langsung kepikiran malah India-indiaan, Mbak. Hahaha.
      Iya betul banget! Tapi kalo sering2 ngasih jadinya malah biasa sih, mendingan jarang2 aja biar tetep spesial. *alibi*

      Hapus
  4. Huaaa semuda ini uda mikir dream yang keren2 pakabar ma saiya hihiii, toefl inggris aja zonk, tapi kepengen pula ikutan berbahasa korea kayak kamu

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Kabarnya pasti baik dong soalnya bisa mampir ke harianiseng hahaha. Yuk ah, #learnnewthingseveryday.

      Hapus
  5. BROKER TERPERCAYA
    TRADING ONLINE INDONESIA
    PILIHAN TRADER #1
    - Tanpa Komisi dan Bebas Biaya Admin.
    - Sistem Edukasi Professional
    - Trading di peralatan apa pun
    - Ada banyak alat analisis
    - Sistem penarikan yang mudah dan dipercaya
    - Transaksi Deposit dan Withdrawal TERCEPAT
    Yukk!!! Segera bergabung di Hashtag Option trading lebih mudah dan rasakan pengalaman trading yang light.
    Nikmati payout hingga 80% dan Bonus Depo pertama 10%** T&C Applied dengan minimal depo 50.000,- bebas biaya admin
    Proses deposit via transfer bank lokal yang cepat dan withdrawal dengan metode yang sama
    Anda juga dapat bonus Referral 1% dari profit investasi tanpa turnover......

    Kunjungi website kami di www.hashtagoption.com Rasakan pengalaman trading yang luar biasa!!!

    BalasHapus

Hello, there! Welcome to harianiseng. Have you travel around here a lot, and get lost? Make sure to pay a visit later! Love.

FRIENDS OF MINE

Subscribe